MCITP: Windows 2008 Upgrade from Windows 2003 MCSE
||MCITP: Windows 2008 Server Administrator
MCITP: Windows 2008 Enterprise Administrator
|Number of Exams:
Earn an MCITP: Server Administrator certification to demonstrate your leadership and problem-solving skills in working with Windows Server 2008.
Server administrators are recognized among their peers and managers as leaders in the day-to-day operations management of Windows Server 2008. Demonstrate and communicate your ability to take system-wide ownership of Windows Server 2008 administration, and increase your organization's return on technology investment, by earning the MCITP: Server Administrator certification.
Windows 2003 MCSE to MCITP: Server Administrator
Earn an MCITP: Enterprise Administrator certification to demonstrate your skills in Windows infrastructure design and your readiness to excel in working with Windows Server 2008.
Enterprise administrators are recognized among their peers and managers as leaders in Windows infrastructure design. Make sure your expertise in Windows Server 2008 stands out. Earn the MCITP: Enterprise Administrator certification, distinguishing you as an IT professional committed to excellence in working with Windows Server 2008.
Windows 2003 MCSE to MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
In addition to the 70-649 + 70-647, ONE of the following Microsoft Exams are required for the MCITP: Enterprise Administrator Certification - Microsoft Exam 70-620 (Vista), 70-624 (Vista), or 70-680 (Windows 7).
This additional exam is NOT included in this boot camp. It must be purchased as an auxiliary course. Please contact (800) 611-1840 for more information.
Microsoft Exam 70-649
Upgrading Your MCSE on Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008, Technology Specialist
Exam: 70-649 - is an upgrade exam that is a composite of three stand-alone exams: Exams 70-640, 70-642, and 70-643. Exam 70-649 validates skills related to the core technology features and functionality of Windows Server 2008, from the existing knowledge base of a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) on Windows Server 2003. This "Exam topics covered" section lists the key topics for each source exam, plus the percentage of material per topic for each. See the "Skills measured" section of this page to learn about the testing objectives of Exam 70-649.
Exam 70-640: TS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring
- Configuring Server Roles
- Maintaining the Active Directory Environment
- Configuring the Active Directory Infrastructure
Exam 70-642: TS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring
- Configuring Network Access
- Deploying Servers
Exam 70-643: TS: Windows Server 2008 Applications, Configuring
- Configuring Terminal Services
- Configuring a Web Services Infrastructure
- Configuring Security for Web Services
Exam 70-649 is intended for IT professionals who currently hold an MCSE on Windows Server 2003 certification and work in the complex computing environment of medium to large companies. The MCSE on Windows Server 2003 is a prerequisite for this exam. Without it, your transcript will show that you passed the exam but will not show credit for the resulting certifications.
Configuring Network Access
- Configure remote access.
- Configure Network Access Protection (NAP) components.
- Configure network authentication.
- Configure data transmission protocols.
- Configure wireless access.
- Configure certificate services.
- Configure DHCP.
- Configure IPv4 and IPv6 Addressing.
- Configure routing.
Configuring Terminal Services
- Configure Terminal Services remote programs.
- Configure Terminal Services gateway.
- Configure Terminal Services load balancing.
- Configure resource allocation for Terminal Services.
- Configure Terminal Services licensing.
- Configure Terminal Services client connections.
- Configure Terminal Services server options.
Configuring a Web Services Infrastructure
- Configure File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Server.
- Configure backup.
- Configure Web applications.
- Configure application pools.
- Configure IIS components.
- Publish IIS Web sites.
- Migrate sites and Web applications.
- Configure SMTP service.
- Configure Universal Description, Discovery, and Integration (UDDI) service.
Configuring Security for Web Services
- Configure handlers to reduce attack surface.
- Configure .NET trust levels.
- Configure authentication.
- Configure rights.
- Configure permissions.
- Configure authorization.
- Configure certificates.
Deploying and Monitoring Servers
- Configure Windows Deployment Services (WDS).
- Capture WDS images.
- Deploy WDS images.
- Configure Windows Activation.
- Create virtual machines.
- Configure Virtual Server settings.
- Install Windows Server Enterprise.
- Install server core.
Configuring Server Roles
- Implement server roles by using Server Manager.
- Configure ADLDS.
- Configure ADRMS.
- Configure the Active Directory server core.
- Configure the read-only domain controller (RODC).
- Configure Active Directory Certificate Services.
- Configure Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS).
Maintaining the Active Directory Environment
- Configure backup and recovery.
- Perform offline maintenance.
- Configure custom application directory partitions.
Configuring the Active Directory Infrastructure
- Configure communication security for Active Directory.
- Configure the global catalog.
[ back to top ]
Microsoft Exam 70-646
Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator
Planning for Server Deployment
- Plan server installations and upgrades.
- Plan for automated server deployment.
- Plan infrastructure services server roles.
- Plan application servers and services.
- Plan file and print server roles.
Planning for Server Management
- Plan server management strategies.
- Plan for delegated administration.
- Plan and implement group policy strategy.
Monitoring and Maintaining Servers
- Implement patch management strategy.
- Monitor servers for performance evaluation and optimization.
- Monitor and maintain security and policies.
Planning Application and Data Provisioning
- Provision applications.
- Provision data.
Planning for Business Continuity and High Availability
- Plan storage.
- Plan high availability.
- Plan for backup and recovery.
[ back to top ]
Microsoft Exam 70-647
Windows Server 2008, Enterprise Administrator
Planning Network and Application Services
- Plan for name resolution and IP addressing.
- Design for network access.
- Plan for application delivery.
- Plan for Terminal Services.
Designing Core Identity and Access Management Components
- Design Active Directory forests and domains.
- Design the Active Directory physical topology.
- Design the Active Directory administrative model.
- Design the enterprise-level group policy strategy.
Designing Support Identity and Access Management Components
- Plan for domain or forest migration, upgrade, and restructuring.
- Design the branch office deployment.
- Design and implement public key infrastructure.
- Plan for interoperability.
Designing for Business Continuity and Data Availability
- Plan for business continuity.
- Design for software updates and compliance management.
- Design the operating system virtualization strategy.
- Design for data management and data access.
[ back to top ]
Alabama Computer Solutions is your best choice for Windows 2008 Upgrade,
Windows 2008 Upgrade training,
Windows 2008 Upgrade certification,
Windows 2008 Upgrade certification boot camp,
Windows 2008 Upgrade boot camp,
Windows 2008 Upgrade certification training,
Windows 2008 Upgrade boot camp training,
Windows 2008 Upgrade boot camp certification,
Windows 2008 Upgrade certification course,
Windows 2008 Upgrade course,
training Windows 2008 Upgrade,
certification Windows 2008 Upgrade,
boot camp Windows 2008 Upgrade,
certification Windows 2008 Upgrade boot camp,
certification Windows 2008 Upgrade training,
boot camp Windows 2008 Upgrade training,
certification Windows 2008 Upgrade course.