CompTIA CASP+ (CAS-004)
DoD Approved 8570: IAT Level III, IAM Level II, IASAE Level I, IASAE Level II
|Number of Exams:
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) CAS-004 is an advanced-level cybersecurity certification for security architects and senior security engineers charged with leading and improving an enterprise's cybersecurity readiness.
Why is CASP+ Different?
CASP+ is the only hands-on, performance-based certification for advanced practitioners - not managers - at the advanced skill level of cybersecurity. While cybersecurity managers help identify what cybersecurity policies and frameworks could be implemented, CASP+ certified professionals figure out how to implement solutions within those policies and frameworks.
Unlike other certifications, CASP+ covers both security architecture and engineering - CASP+ is the only certification on the market that qualifies technical leaders to assess cyber readiness within an enterprise, and design and implement the proper solutions to ensure the organization is ready for the next attack.
What Skills Will You Learn?
Expanded coverage to analyze security requirements in hybrid networks to work toward an enterprise-wide, zero trust security architecture with advanced secure cloud and virtualization solutions.
Expanded emphasis on newer techniques addressing advanced threat management, vulnerability management, risk mitigation, incident response tactics, and digital forensics analysis.
Governance, Risk, and Compliance
Expanded to support advanced techniques to prove an organization's overall cybersecurity resiliency metric and compliance to regulations, such as CMMC, PCI-DSS, SOX, HIPAA, GDPR, FISMA, NIST, and CCPA.
Security Engineering and Cryptography
Expanded to focus on advanced cybersecurity configurations for endpoint security controls, enterprise mobility, cloud/hybrid environments, and enterprise-wide PKI and cryptographic solutions.
Jobs That Use CASP+
- Security Architect
- Senior Security Engineer
- SOC Manager
- Security Analyst
1.0 Security Architecture
Given a scenario, analyze the security requirements and
objectives to ensure an appropriate, secure network
architecture for a new or existing network.
- Deperimeterization/zero trust
- Merging of networks from various organizations
- Software-defined networking (SDN)
Given a scenario, analyze the organizational requirements
to determine the proper infrastructure security design.
- Content delivery network
Given a scenario, integrate software applications
securely into an enterprise architecture.
- Baseline and templates
- Software assurance
- Considerations of integrating enterprise applications
- Integrating security into development life cycle
Given a scenario, implement data security techniques
for securing enterprise architecture.
- Data loss prevention
- Data loss detection
- Data classification, labeling, and tagging
- Encrypted vs. unencrypted
- Data life cycle
- Data inventory and mapping
- Data integrity management
- Data storage, backup, and recovery
Given a scenario, analyze the security requirements and objectives to
provide the appropriate authentication and authorization controls.
- Credential management
- Password policies
- Access control
- Multifactor authentication (MFA)
- One-time password (OTP)
- Hardware root of trust
- Single sign-on (SSO)
- Attestation and identity proofing
Given a set of requirements, implement secure
cloud and virtualization solutions
- Virtualization strategies
- Provisioning and deprovisioning
- Metadata and tags
- Deployment models and considerations
- Hosting models
- Service models
- Cloud provider limitations
- Extending appropriate on-premises controls
- Storage models
Explain how cryptography and public key infrastructure (PKI)
support security objectives and requirements.
- Privacy and confidentiality requirements
- Integrity requirements
- Compliance and policy requirements
- Common cryptography use cases
- Common PKI use cases
Explain the impact of emerging technologies
on enterprise security and privacy.
- Artificial intelligence
- Machine learning
- Quantum computing
- Homomorphic encryption
- Secure multiparty computation
- Distributed consensus
- Big Data
- Virtual/augmented reality
- 3-D printing
- Passwordless authentication
- Nano technology
- Deep learning
- Biometric impersonation
2.0 Security Operations
Given a scenario, perform threat management activities.
- Intelligence types
- Actor types
- Threat actor properties
- Intelligence collection methods
Given a scenario, analyze indicators of compromise
and formulate an appropriate response.
- Indicators of compromise
Given a scenario, perform vulnerability management activities.
- Vulnerability scans
- Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)
- Self-assessment vs. third- party vendor assessment
- Patch management
- Information sources
Given a scenario, use the appropriate vulnerability
assessment and penetration testing methods and tools.
- Dependency management
Given a scenario, analyze vulnerabilities
and recommend risk mitigations.
- Inherently vulnerable system/application
Given a scenario, use processes to reduce risk.
- Proactive and detection
- Security data analytics
- Application control
- Security automation
- Physical security
Given an incident, implement the appropriate response.
- Event classifications
- Triage event
- Preescalation tasks
- Incident response process
- Specific response playbooks/processes
- Communication plan
- Stakeholder management
Explain the importance of forensic concepts.
- Legal vs. internal corporate purposes
- Forensic process
- Integrity preservation
Given a scenario, use forensic analysis tools.
- File carving tools
- Binary analysis tools
- Analysis tools
- Imaging tools
- Hashing utilities
- Live collection vs. post-mortem tools
3.0 Security Engineering and Cryptography
Given a scenario, apply secure configurations to enterprise mobility.
- Managed configurations
- Deployment scenarios
- Security considerations
Given a scenario, configure and implement endpoint security controls.
- Hardening techniques
- Mandatory access control
- Trustworthy computing
- Compensating controls
Explain security considerations impacting specific
sectors and operational technologies.
- ICS/supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA)
Explain how cloud technology adoption
impacts organizational security.
- Automation and orchestration
- Encryption configuration
- Monitoring configurations
- Key ownership and location
- Key life-cycle management
- Backup and recovery methods
- Infrastructure vs. serverless computing
- Application virtualization
- Software-defined networking
- Collaboration tools
- Storage configurations
- Cloud access security broker (CASB)
Given a business requirement, implement
the appropriate PKI solution.
- PKI hierarchy
- Certificate types
- Certificate usages/profiles/templates
- Trusted providers
- Trust model
- Configure profiles
- Life-cycle management
- Public and private keys
- Digital signature
- Certificate pinning
- Certificate stapling
- Certificate signing requests (CSRs)
- Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) vs. certificate revocation list (CRL)
- HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS)
Given a business requirement, implement the appropriate
cryptographic protocols and algorithms.
- Symmetric algorithms
- Asymmetric algorithms
- Elliptic curve cryptography
- Forward secrecy
- Authenticated encryption with associated data
- Key stretching
Given a scenario, troubleshoot issues with
- Implementation and configuration issues
4.0 Governance, Risk, and Compliance
Given a set of requirements, apply the appropriate risk strategies.
- Risk assessment
- Risk handling techniques
- Risk types
- Risk management life cycle
- Risk tracking
- Risk appetite vs. risk tolerance
- Policies and security practices
Explain the importance of managing and mitigating vendor risk.
- Shared responsibility model (roles/responsibilities)
- Vendor lock-in and vendor lockout
- Vendor viability
- Meeting client requirements
- Support availability
- Geographical considerations
- Supply chain visibility
- Incident reporting requirements
- Source code escrows
- Ongoing vendor assessment tools
- Third-party dependencies
- Technical considerations
Explain compliance frameworks and legal
considerations, and their organizational impact.
- Security concerns of integrating diverse industries
- Data considerations
- Geographic considerations
- Third-party attestation of compliance
- Regulations, accreditations, and standards
- Legal considerations
- Contract and agreement types
Explain the importance of business continuity
and disaster recovery concepts.
- Business impact analysis
- Privacy impact assessment
- Disaster recovery plan (DRP)/ business continuity plan (BCP)
- Incident response plan
- Testing plans
Alabama Computer Solutions is your best choice for CompTIA CASP+,
CompTIA CASP+ training,
CompTIA CASP+ certification,
CompTIA CASP+ certification boot camp,
CompTIA CASP+ boot camp,
CompTIA CASP+ certification training,
CompTIA CASP+ boot camp training,
CompTIA CASP+ boot camp certification,
CompTIA CASP+ certification course,
CompTIA CASP+ course,
training CompTIA CASP+,
certification CompTIA CASP+,
boot camp CompTIA CASP+,
certification CompTIA CASP+ boot camp,
certification CompTIA CASP+ training,
boot camp CompTIA CASP+ training,
certification CompTIA CASP+ course.